In this video I am going to show you how to get your Afterglow controller to work on a PC. I don't have this problem on my computer but I do have this problem on my boyfriend's computer. It is a problem where you plug the controller in, the light goes on but then immediately shuts off. In the video you will see a comparison of a working and nonworking controller reaction.
Below is a step by step written guide:
- Click on the Startup icon, then click on Devices and Printers.
- Double click on the Afterglow Gamepad for Xbox 360, which will bring up the Properties window.
- Click on the Hardware tab.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on Update Driver.
- Click on "Browser my computer for driver software"
- Select "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class", then click "Next"
- Pick the latest version from the list. Click on "Next"
- Then ignore the warning, at your own risk. I ignored it, and it turned out fine. You know, gotta take risks every now and then in life.
Additional StuffIf you do not have Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller driver installed, then click here to go to the Microsoft official webpage to download the driver.
I hope this helps. Good luck! =)